It’s not often that I get the chance to talk with someone who’s been through the kind of drama that’s worthy of a movie. Jason R. Gray returned to the show to talk about medical drama Brain on Fire and what happened this year when his own brain set “on fire.”
It was a pleasure and an honor to talk to Jason about what it was like to watch a movie that so closely paralleled his own terrifying and alienating illness, and how far he’s come on the road to recovery.
Further Reading, Viewing, and Links:
- Our sister podcast, Rattling the Cage (Rattling the Cage)
- Jason’s Vimeo page
- The interview with Taika Waititi where he calls New Zealand “racist as fuck” (Dazed & Confused)
Other Episodes Referenced:
- Episode #87 – Coherence (NetFlakes)
Jason’s Previous Episodes:
- Episode #36 – Upstream Color (NetFlakes)
- Episode #46 – Under the Skin (NetFlakes)
- Episode #55 – It Follows (NetFlakes)
- Episode #71 – Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (NetFlakes)
- Episode #80 – The Guest (NetFlakes)
Dylan Clark-Moore is a podcast creator and blogger at NetFlakes. You can find him on Twitter, Letterboxd, and Instagram.
If you like what you heard this week, why not subscribe to The NetFlakes Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher or whichever podcast platform you use via our podcast feed.
Check out the NetFlakes Patreon campaign to support the project and get rewards.