It’s not often that I get the chance to talk with someone who’s been through the kind of drama that’s worthy of a movie. Jason R. Gray returned to the show to talk about medical drama Brain on Fire and what happened this year when his own brain set “on fire.”
It was a pleasure and an honor to talk to Jason about what it was like to watch a movie that so closely paralleled his own terrifying and alienating illness, and how far he’s come on the road to recovery.
Further Reading, Viewing, and Links:
- Our sister podcast, Rattling the Cage (Rattling the Cage)
- Jason’s Vimeo page
- The interview with Taika Waititi where he calls New Zealand “racist as fuck” (Dazed & Confused)
Other Episodes Referenced:
- Episode #87 – Coherence (NetFlakes)
Jason’s Previous Episodes:
- Episode #36 – Upstream Color (NetFlakes)
- Episode #46 – Under the Skin (NetFlakes)
- Episode #55 – It Follows (NetFlakes)
- Episode #71 – Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens (NetFlakes)
- Episode #80 – The Guest (NetFlakes)
Check out the NetFlakes Patreon campaign to support the project and get rewards.