Jeremy Hobbs is back to talk about one of the most unexpectedly affecting movies we’ve tackled in a long time. A Ghost Story follows a man who, following an accident, finds himself haunting the home he shared with his wife. It can be a challenge to break into, but ultimately, it’s an arresting story about grief, loss, and love.
Very special thanks to Shilo Pawley for providing her cover of Dark Rooms’ “I Get Overwhelmed” for this episode.
Further Reading, Viewing, and Links:
- Nick Cave’s review of Mother and Son (Independent)
- The art of Gregory Crewdson (Artsy)
- Jeremy’s project (Black Room Media – under construction as of publication)
- Retro-Mania at the Hyland Cinema (Facebook)
Other Episodes Referenced:
- Episode #83 – Christine w/ Jeremy Hobbs
- Episode #82 – San Junipero w/ Jeremy Hobbs
- Bonus Episode on film, projection, and Retro-Mania at the Hyland Cinemas w/ Jeremy Hobbs and Victor Liorentas
- Episode #66 – Jaws w/ Jeremy Hobbs and Victor Liorentas
- Episode #53 – The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo w/ Caroline Diezyn
Other Media Mentioned:
- Babylon Berlin
- Christine (2006)
- Black Mirror
Dylan Clark-Moore is a podcast creator and blogger at NetFlakes. You can find him on Twitter, Letterboxd, and Instagram.
If you like what you heard this week, why not subscribe to The NetFlakes Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher or whichever podcast platform you use via our podcast feed.
Check out the NetFlakes Patreon campaign to support the project and get rewards.