The Movie: Arrival (2016)
With guest Daniel Chadwick-Shubat (Twitter) from Get Reel Movies (site, Twitter, and Facebook).
Arrival has a lot to say about language, communication, humanity and fate so we brought in the creator of Get Reel Movies to help tease it all out.
Further Reading, Viewing, and Links:
- Top 10 Movies of 2016 Parts 1 & 2 from the Get Reel Movies podcast
Other Episodes Referenced:
- Episode #38 – Armageddon w/ David L. Clark
- Episode #43 – Interstellar w/ Edward Platero
- Episode #56 – Punch-Drunk Love w/ Caroline Diezyn
Other Movies and Series mentioned:
- Armageddon (watch on Netflix, buy on Amazon)
- Death Note (watch on Netflix)
- Florence Foster Jenkins (buy on Amazon)
- Gravity (buy on Amazon)
- How Do You Know (watch on Netflix, buy on Amazon)
- Independence Day (buy on Amazon)
- Interstellar (watch on Netflix, buy on Amazon)
- Punch-Drunk Love (watch on Netflix, buy on Amazon)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (watch on Netflix, buy on Amazon)
Dylan Clark-Moore is a podcast creator and blogger at NetFlakes. You can find him on Letterboxd and Twitter.
If you like what you heard this week, why not subscribe to The NetFlakes Podcast on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, or whichever podcast platform you use via our podcast feed.
We are a proud member of the Electric Streams podcast network.
The NetFlakes Podcast is brought to you in part by UnLondon’s 121 Studios.
Check out the NetFlakes Patreon campaign to support the project and get rewards.
One thought on “‘Arrival’ Shows the Power and Limits of Language in an All-Time Sci-Fi Great [Podcast]”
It’s worth the watch. Nice review.