In honour of Musical Theatre Productions London’s presentation of Heathers: The Musical, we’ve brought in an all-star team to talk about the 80’s cult classic teen movie that started it all, Heathers.
Dylan is joined by Heathers superfan, Vanessa Brown (of Brown & Dickson booksellers), art scene Renaissance woman and promoter for Heathers: The Musical, Deanne Kondrat, and the director of MTP’s production of Heathers: The Musical, Ian Badger.
- what it means to be a teenager
- fat activism and body empowerment
- the movie’s legacy and failures in dealing with homosexuality
- how long it takes (if ever) for JD to stop being so sexy
- differences and updates in the musical
- as well as some exclusive insights into MTP’s production of Heathers: The Musical
Heathers: The Musical will run from May 6-14, 2016, with tickets available at the McManus Theatre box office or at MTPLondon.ca. You can also follow the production on Facebook.
If you like what you heard in this bonus episode, why not subscribe to The NetFlakes Podcast on iTunes, or whichever podcast app you use.
Heathers is also available on Amazon.