Dylan was joined in studio by programmer (at least until he grows up to be a greasy hacker) Shawn Nock to talk about 2015’s international short film, Kung Fury.
Among other topics, listen to us discuss
- the validation of the fantasies of kids growing up in the 80s
- the remythologizing of computers
- the movie’s pitch perfect tech nostalgia
- the movie’s take on the 80s compared to Beyond the Black Rainbow
- the unfortunate misappropriation of Nazi symbols in pop culture, including this t-shirt from Wal-Mart, which we erroneously reported as being sold at Target
- and even though we don’t really get into it, you should still watch the music video from the movie’s original song “True Survivor,” which was quite frankly robbed at the Oscars this year
Check out the NetFlakes Patreon campaign to support the project and get rewards.
End credit music: