On this week’s podcast, Dylan was joined by Jason R. Gray to talk about 2014’s Under the Skin.
Here’s a look what you can expect to hear about:
- Netflix original series Master of None
- Perspective and the film’s ability to make earth and humanity alien
- Morality as an evolved survival trait
- The main character’s innocent predator and her relationship with her human suit
- Scarlett Johansson as the film’s meta-black widow
- Art as a source of pleasure vs. as a source of conflict
- The seedy underbelly of humanity
- Exposing the silliness of arousal, particularly in men
- Kristy Puchko’s article about gender-swapped rape culture: “Scarlett Johansson’s Under the Skin Has A Special Message For Men”
- Jason’s Vimeo page, including his two short films in their entirety
- Jason’s last appearance on The NetFlakes Podcast: Episode #36: Upstream Color
Be sure to subscribe to The NetFlakes Podcast on iTunes (or whichever podcast platform you prefer) to make sure every new episode comes straight to you. If you’d like to help ensure more content like this, head on over to Patreon to pledge your support to NetFlakes.
End credit music:
Ian Doig-Phaneuf / “Artlab 5 (Worldcatcher Flip)” / taken from Forest City Series Vol. 2 / 2015 / used with permission from A Person Disguised As People